ABA Seventh Tradition
It states that Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions. We welcome donations from registered ABA groups and meetings as well as individual members.
Current Financial Situation
Low revenue from literature sales and higher expenses in 2016 resulted in a financial crisis for the GSA. Essential services have been scaled back temporarily to stay in operation. For more information please read the following letter from the President of the General Service Association of ABA. (The maximum yearly amount for an individual donation has been raised to $3000.)
Where do your donations go?
- Administrative costs: Office Rent, Office Expenses, Insurance, ABA Office Manager pay and rental of the Board Meeting space.
- ABA Material Order Costs: PayPal ordering and engraving of medallions.
- Communication with Members Costs: Telephone and website fees.
How to donate?
One-time Online Donations
On the payment page there’s a line that states “ABA Member or Group?” Please click on it to type in which meeting/group the donation is from or, if from an individual, just write ‘ABA member’.
This subscription button allows you to sign up for a specific amount and donate monthly. You can use your bank account, credit card, or PayPal account to pay for the recurring monthly donation. You need to sign up for a PayPal account for this option. Please indicate if the subscription is from an individual ABA member or an ABA meeting or group in the text box below.
|Member or Group?|
To cancel your subscription, please contact us.
– make the cheque or money order payable to: General Service Association of ABA
– send cheques or money orders in CAD, USD, Euros, AUD, NZD, or GBP.
– Please include a note stating that you are an ABA member or indicating which ABA meeting or group this donation is from.
– Please mail to:
General Service Association of ABA
Main PO Box 125
Thank you for your contribution to the General Service Association of ABA.