ABA Seventh Tradition
It states that Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions. We welcome donations from registered ABA groups and meetings as well as individual members.
Current Financial Situation
Low revenue from literature sales and higher expenses in 2016 resulted in a financial crisis for the GSA. Essential services have been scaled back temporarily to stay in operation. For more information please read this letter. (Update to the letter: the maximum yearly amount for an individual donation has been raised to $3000.)
Where do your donations go?
- Administrative costs: Office Rent, Office Expenses, Insurance, ABA Office Manager pay and rental of the Board Meeting space.
- ABA Material Order Costs: PayPal ordering and engraving of medallions.
- Communication with Members Costs: Telephone and website fees.
How to donate?
One-time Online Donations
When filling out the payment form please indicate in the description box which group or meeting the donation is from or, if from an individual, just write 'ABA member'.
This subscription button allows you to sign up for a specific amount and donate monthly. You can use your bank account, credit card, or PayPal account to pay for the recurring monthly donation. You need to sign up for a PayPal account for this option.
To cancel your subscription, please contact us.
- make the cheque or money order payable to: General Service Association of ABA
- send cheques or money orders in CAD, USD, Euros, AUD, NZD, or GBP.
- Please include a note stating that you are an ABA member or indicating which ABA meeting or group this donation is from.
- Please mail to:
General Service Association of ABA
Main PO Box 125
If you need alternate methods of payment, please contact the GSA office.
Thank you for your contribution to the General Service Association of ABA.